LIBER Members are encouraged to implement the Europeana Search API, in order to enrich their digital collections by giving access to over 23 million digital objects from Europe’s libraries, museums and archives.
What is the Europeana Search API?
It’s simply an interface that allows remote access to Europeana’s repository of digitised cultural heritage. It is based on the Open Search standard that your developers will find easy to work with.
What can you do with it?
- The API enables the search and display of Europeana’s collections on your website and applications.
- It allows for tailoring what search results are displayed and how.
- It allows for development of your own applications based on the Europeana API service only or mash-ups with other APIs and datasets.
How can the API help LIBER member organisations?
- Enriches your digital collections by giving access to more than 23 million digital objects from Europe’s cultural heritage
- Gives access to resources from over 2,200 organisations, giving your researchers opportunities for pan-European research and cross-disciplinary investigation
- Adds a trusted authoritative search source to your portal
- Increases user interest and return visits to your site
How long does it take to install?
- Depending on the complexity of your website, a simple installation would take around one day’s development time.
- Europeana can assist with off-the-shelf code to speed up your installation.
How can Europeana support you?
- Visit http://pro.europeana.eu/web/guest/re-use-data for more information.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or queries.