The Open Science Cafe at the Open Science Fair
Call For Papers: IFLA’s 2014 International Newspaper Conference
IFLA’s 2014 International Newspaper Conference will take place in Salt Lake City, Utah on February 4-5th.
As the theme ‘Start Spreading the News!’ suggests, the conference will focus on the best ways to promote the use of online newspaper content. Paper proposals should be submitted by December 1st and could focus on the following topics:
- The use of news content for research purposes;
- Use of social media, such as Facebook, Twitter, news blogs and Flickr to raise awareness of news content to users;
- Emerging research methodologies in using news and news content;
- Text mining newspapers and news content;
- Technologies used in text mining and in the presentation of mined data;
- Case studies of statistical and word patterns research planned or underway of mined news content;
- Traditional research underway in using digitized newspaper collections;
- Users’ experiences with digitized newspaper collections;
- Usability expectations;
- Innovative methods for design, use, and engagement of users in newspaper content systems;
- Strategies for finding, or finding out about, newspapers in the semantic web.
Please see the IFLA website for more information.
Photo credit: Samuele Ghilardi, Flickr.