Today, LIBER is pleased to present its new logo and a redesigned website.
Our goal is to make it easier for you to find, use and share important information. Here’s what has changed:
1. New Design — The most obvious change is the design. Many of you told us that the old website was difficult to navigate and that the text was hard to read. To address these concerns, we’ve re-arranged the menu to make it easier to find information, we’ve added pages on key LIBER events such as our Annual Conference and we’ve increased the text size and darkened the colour, to make it more legible.
Our new logo features a more modern font and a new colour palette. It retains the stars and circular design that have been part of the LIBER brand since our foundation in 1971. Download our new logos from this page.
2. New Features — The new LIBER website is responsive. This means the website changes shape to suit the screen and device being used to view it. Smartphone users will also get a special mobile-friendly menu.
In addition, our Members List is now searchable, as is our list of Upcoming Events. If you have an event to share, you can now submit the details directly to us. We’ll publish it on the website as soon as we’ve reviewed it.
3. CC-BY — LIBER believes in Open Access to information. That’s why we’re licensing our new website as CC-BY. From today onwards, you are welcome to share, copy, adapt and re-use anything on the website, as long as appropriate credit is provided. To learn more about this change, please read LIBER’s new Open Access Publication Guidelines.
4. Other Changes —
- New technology: the website now runs on WordPress, instead of Drupal
- More interaction: you can comment on posts or even submit a guest post to the blog
Let Us Know What You Think. If you spot broken links or other glitches caused by the migration, tell us so we can fix them. We’re also very interested in your comments and suggestions for further improving the LIBER website.