In 2015, LIBER launched the third round of its international leadership development programme. This highly successful seminar is aimed at the next generation of leaders in European Research libraries.
The Leadership Seminar programme is designed for people who are already in management positions in libraries and who wish to enhance their leadership qualities in preparation for the step up to the next big challenge – that of taking responsibility for leading an organisation through changing times.
The leadership programme is divided in four parts:
- A first session in London (28-30 June 2015), with courses;
- One year for mentorship, including a professional training at a mentor’s library (max. one week);
- Action Learning during the year between the two courses;
- A second session in Helsinki (26-28 June 2016), with courses and shared experience.
The description (now closed) of the sessions includes :
- A strategic presentation of the leadership development programme ;
- The goals of the leadership seminar;
- A short outline of the seminar ;
- Important information for candidates and libraries;
- An application form.
The course director is Jan Wilkinson, University Librarian and Director of The John Rylands Library, Manchester University.
This anouncement gives you the opportunity to consider at an early stage possible candidates for this programme from your library. For any questions, please contact Julien Roche, Chair of LIBER’s Steering Committee on Reshaping The Research Library.
Read more about the Leadership Seminar Programme