The Editorial Board of LIBER Quarterly invites tenders for the hosting of the LIBER Quarterly open access journal.
LIBER Quarterly is the journal of LIBER (Ligue des Bibliothèques Européennes de Recherche – Association of European Research Libraries). It aims at publishing high quality innovative OA peer-reviewed articles (theoretical and good practice) from specialists working in research libraries and departments of Library and Information Sciences.
The LIBER Executive Board is the owner of LIBER Quarterly and the LIBER Quarterly Editorial Board is responsible for managing the vision, strategy, commissioning and editorial work for the Journal.
Invitation to Tender
LIBER is interested in receiving a price quote for the following services:
- Installation of LIBER Quarterly as an Open Access journal on the Open Journal Systems (OJS) platform, while maintaining the OJS software up-to-date. This hosting of the journal assumes a permanent Internet accessibility of all published papers.
- Giving access to the editors of LIBER Quarterly (appointed by LIBER) for all OJS activities as Journal Manager and Editors. This includes the initial setup of the journal, where a maximal continuity will be sought with its present setup, and support whenever required. The Editors will remain responsible for the reviewing process of all submitted papers and for the final decision about their acceptance.
- Exporting all papers accepted by the Editors to the standard PDF and XHTML layout formats, and publishing them in the journal. The papers will be delivered in MSWord format or equivalent. Problems encountered during this layout will be resolved through correspondence with the Journal Manager or the Editor responsible for the paper under concern.
- Assuring appropriate indexing of all published papers: CrossRef (DOI), OAI-PMH,…
- Providing a permanent backup of all published material.
We are envisioning a contract period of at least 5 years, starting from January 1, 2016.
Futher details regarding this call for tenders are available here: 2015LQtender