LIBER is heading to Barcelona this week for the 9th Research Data Alliance Plenary Meeting — a special working event which helps the research data community move forward, improving data sharing across disciplines, technologies, and countries.
Look for the following LIBER representatives at the Plenary:
- From LIBER’s Executive Board and Committees:
- Ms Kristiina Hormia-Poutanen, LIBER President
- Prof Wolfram Horstmann, Executive Board Member and Head of the Steering Committee on Scholarly Communication & Research Infrastructures
- Dr Birgit Schmidt, Co-Chair of the Working Group on Scientific Information Infrastructures
- From the LIBER Office:
- Melanie Imming, EU Projects Manager
- Simone Sacchi, EU Projects Manager (Interim)
- Helen Frew, Advocacy Officer
In addition to representing LIBER, they’ll be promoting the work of EU-funded projects in which LIBER is involved. This includes the following activities at the Plenary:
- EUDAT is hosting a Semantic Working Group Workshop
- FutureTDM and OpenMinTed will host a meeting on Text and Data Mining Policies and Solutions
- LEARN will present a poster about its Research Data Management work
- OpenAIRE is hosting a workshop on Legal Issues in Open Research Data
We’ll also be available for conversations about the EOSCpilot project and Open Science in general so, if you’re at the upcoming RDA Plenary, consider this your invitation to come connect with us!