Guidelines on the criteria to be taken into account by the LIBER Executive Board in ensuring balance on the Board were discussed and approved by the LIBER Executive Board in February 2017
The Executive Board aims to:
- draw upon leading professional expertise in research libraries across Europe.
- represent all parts of Europe as far as possible and maintain a fair geographical balance, taking account of both large and small countries.
- seek to avoid being over-balanced towards any one part of Europe or towards any single country.
- does not appoint more than one Board member from a single LIBER library at the same time.
- ensure that relevant areas of expertise (e.g. currently open science, digital libraries, legal issues) are represented on the Board as and when required.
- maintain a fair gender balance in its membership.