We use the shared knowledge of our participants to facilitate a world-class information infrastructure. We apply our influence to ensure that research library priorities rank highly on the agendas of our universities and the European Union. Moreover, we contribute towards the development of innovative library leaders through our many conferences, workshops and seminars.
Together with our members, LIBER is Reinventing the Library for the Future.
- Attend our Annual Conference at a 50% discount, or one of our workshops and seminars at a 25-50% discount
- Ensure that your voice is heard at a European level through the advocacy that LIBER undertakes with the Commission and the Member States on your behalf
- Participate in our Leadership Seminar and prepare to guide your library through changing times. This seminar is exclusively available to LIBER members
- Join one of our 11 Committees, Working Groups and Fora to share knowledge and connect with your peers on topics of interest (e.g. research infrastructures, advocacy, copyright, digital collections)
- Become one of the more than 50 LIBER members who have enjoyed EU funding via projects. LIBER regularly takes part in EU-funded projects and involves its members as participants.
- Contribute to lobbying activities that LIBER runs at a European level, such as our work in the areas of Copyright and Text and Data Mining
- Publish metadata records and the full-text content of your research theses on the Open Access DART-Europe portal
- Promote events and share innovative work on the LIBER website.
- Receive a 10% discount on ARL publications (mention your member number when ordering)
LIBER members also have the right to vote at our annual meeting and to be nominated to the Executive Board. All members are kept regularly informed about LIBER’s activities via our many communications channels.