WORKPLAN FOR 2010
- Collecting contributions of new library projects, library reconstruction, adaptation and extension of old buildings on a European scale for our ongoing series Documentation of New Library Buildings in Europe.
- Holding the 15th seminar of the LIBER Architecture Group entitled ‘Fit for what purpose? Planning libraries for the users of the future.’ Madrid, Spain, 12–16 April
- Developing actions and common tools for quality assessment, peer review and key performance indicators working closely together with LIBER Working Group LR.
- Encouraging and facilitating the development of benchmarking in co-operation with other organizations, with the aim of identifying measurements independent of local culture, thus allowing for international comparisons
- In view of the fact that in international rankings of universities European institutions are at a disadvantage due to criteria that tend to be inappropriate, LIBER offers to take an active part in elaborating a new set of criteria which reflect European realities and specificities better.
- Setting up the structure and working form of LIBER Services new sub-groups.
- Establishing the basis for operational co-operation with other international organizations in the field (EBLIDA, EAHIL, CERL) and preparing a proposal for LIBER Annual Conference.
- Initiating contacts with the European Association of University Rectors to seek its support for this new permit.
- Organizing subdivision group meetings during LIBER Annual Conference in Aarhus.
Chair of the Steering Committee on LIBER Services, February 2010