Nodequeues are used to determine a specific order for a node within a list of related nodes in a specific region on the website.
On libereurope.eu the nodequeue functionality is used:
On the homepage, to populate the feature items slideshow and determine the order of the mutual feature items,
On the homepage, to populate the news survey and determine the order of the mutual news items,
On the homepage, to populate the gold sponsor bar and determine the order of the mutual sponsor logos.
There are multiple ways of adding an existing node to a nodequeue:
- via the Nodequeue module
- via the node
Via the Nodequeue module
Proceed as follows to add a previously created node to the nodequeue via the nodequeue module:
1. Go to Administer > Content management > Nodequeue in the administrator toolbar. A survey of all nodequeues that are currently present on the website is displayed.
2. Click on View to display the contents of the queue.
3. Place the cursor in the Enter the title of a node to add it to the queue text field to add another node to the queue. Start typing the title of the node, Drupal will automatically suggest a number of nodes that can be added to the queue.
4. Determine the order of the nodes in the queue by means of the (drag & drop).
- Use the Reverse button to reverse the order of the entire table.
- Use the Shuffle button to let Drupal pick a random order.
- Use the Clear button to delete the contents of the queue.
Via the node
Upon creation of a node, the Nodequeue tab will appear for the nodes of those content types that are eligible for adding to a nodequeue.
Click on the Nodequeue tab. A survey of all queues to which the current node can be added is displayed.
- Click on Add to queue to add the current node to the queue.
- Click on Remove from queue to remove the node from the queue.
- Click on the title of the queue to display the nodequeue contents and determine the order of the mutual nodes.