The current members of the Working Group on Leadership Development are :
- Julien Roche (Chair), Bibliothèque universitaire – SCD, Université Lille 1 – Sciences et Technologie, France
- Hans Geleijnse, Tilburg University, The Netherlands
- Ellis Sada, Biblioteca Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, Milan, Italy
- Deborah Shorley, Imperial College London, Library, UK
- Paul Soetaert, Erasmus University Library, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
- Michael von Cotta Schonberg,University of Copenhagen, Denmark
The Leadership Working Group is currently running a high-level three-steps seminar in 2011 (Barcelona, Spain) and 2012 (Tartu, Estonia) for future library directors, with training in between.
The programme is divided into 3 parts :
- A first session in Barcelona (june 2011), with courses ;
- A year to perform tutorship ;
- A second seminar in Tartu (june 2012), with courses and shared experience.
A high-level selection process has been fullfilled, and participants have been selected from all over Europe. Fully-skilled course director, consultant and guest-speakers librarians are involved in the seminar.
The Barcelona session happened just before the annual meeting, Monday 27th and Tuesday 28th June, at the Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya, and was quite a success.
Tutorship is now on the way and the Working Group is preparing the next and last session for the current group, June 25th and 26th, Tartu university, Estonia.
Preparing such a high-level seminar, LIBER is eager to create a real trademark and to organise this seminar, if successfull, regularly. A new three-steps seminar is therefore expected to start in Munich, June 2013.
The LIBER leadership seminar is sponsored by :