As part of our work to connect and represent research libraries in Europe, we initiate and participate in strategic and innovative projects.
LIBER brings to projects the strengths of the stronger network of European Research Libraries and extensive expertise in the areas of:
- Leading the uptake of Open Science practices
- Promoting Innovative Scholarly Communication
- Supporting the development of digital skills and associated training activities
- Fostering the development and uptake of research (e)infrastructures and services
- Working with academic communities on metrics and incentives to support more open, transparent, and fulfilling research and scholarly practices
We do this with years of experience in engaging stakeholders throughout the research lifecycle and in advocating and lobbying at the European and local level.
LIBER makes every effort to involve its libraries in funded projects. Currently, 30 LIBER libraries participate in projects along with LIBER.