This Working Group is part of Strategic Priority #3: Shape Innovative Research.
The proposed focus of the Working Group is on the implementation of open access. The OA landscape in Europe shows great variety. Most libraries have started an institutional repository in some form to support green OA. In some countries, this is mainly a bottom up initiative from the library community. In other countries, the government stimulates a full conversion to gold OA. There is no one size that fits all, yet in the transition from a project-based innovative approach to standard research support services there is room for development and cooperation.
- Licensing & Negotiations About OA – How to make the transition from a subscription based model to OA is a shared concern. Because of non-disclosure agreements it can be hard to get insight in the various ways libraries are trying to make the move. The Working Group could be the platform to exchange knowledge and to support library staff in their negotiations.
- Reap the Rewards of the Repositories – We all have developed institutional respositories. What’s next? How do we reap the rewards of our repositories? How do we increase the coverage of our own academic output? What kind of services can we build on our repositories and how do you do that? We all have attended many presentations about repositories as a project, but far less about the repository as a service.
- Promote OA Policies – Moving beyond the ‘why’ of open access and establishing repositories allows us to take further steps within our institutions. We need clear OA mandates, policies for handling article processing charges, licensing models etc. These can be easily shared and further developed in cooperation among LIBER members.
- Dr Matthijs van Otegem, University Librarian, Erasmus University Rotterdam (co-chair)
- Lluís Anglada, Director, Consortium of Academic Libraries of Catalonia (CSUC) (co-chair)
- Sofie Wennström, Analyst, Stockholm University Library (Secretary), Sweden
- Lucie Albaret, Université Grenoble Alpes, France
- Maria Casella, Librarian Coordinator, University of Turin, Italy
- Pablo de Castro, Open Access Project Officer, LIBER Europe, Netherlands
- Jozef Dzivak, Director of Scientific Library at the Slovak Centre of Scientific and Technical Information, Slovakia
- Beate Eellend, Program Manager for Open Access, National Library of Sweden
- Aysa Ekanger, Open Access Advisor, UiT The Arctic University of Norway
- Dragan Ivanovic, Associate Professor, University of Novi Sad, Serbia
- Masud Khokhar, Head of Digital Innovation, The Library, Lancaster University, United Kingdom
- Marina Losada, Institutional Repository Manager, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, Catalonia, Spain
- Bojan Macan, Head of the Centre for Scientific Information, Ruđer Bošković Institute, Croatia
- Martin Moyle, Assistant Director, Support Services, UCL Library Services, UK
- Georgiou Panagiotis, Project Manager, University Library of Patras, Greece
- Laurent Perillat, Université Grenoble Alpes, France
- Chris Pressler, Director of the Irish Modern Archives Research Centre, Dublin City University, Ireland
- Frank Scholze, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT), Germany
- Olaf Siegert, ZBW – Leibniz Information Centre for Economics, Germany
- Martin Svoboda, Czech National Library of Technology, Czech Republic
- Arja Tuuliniemi, Head of Licensing, National Library of Finland
- Wilhelm Widmark, Library Director, Stockholm University Library, Sweden