After the general webform settings have been saved, the Form Components page is displayed.
Proceed as follows to add individual webform components:
1. Place the cursor in the Name text field to add the name of the new component. The standard text “New component name” disappears as soon as the cursor is placed in the text field.
2. Determine the Type of webform component that must be created:
Use Date to enter a date picker, e.g.
Use E-mail to enter an e-mail text field, e.g.
Use Fieldset to add a set of fields (collapsed or not) under a given denominator
User File to add the option to upload an attachment to the webform
User Grid to add a grid composed of several questions and several possible answers. Grids are usually used in polls or inquiries.
Use Hidden to store the values of the checkboxes that were checked by the user in this webform in the background.
These checkbox values will be recorded in the submission results list of the webform and in the e-mail that is sent to the person that should be notified of all webform submissions.
Use Markup to provide some additional (explicatory, descriptive, …) text in between the different webform components.
Use Pagebreak to divide the webform over several pages. After each Pagebreak, a button “Next page” is automatically added to the webform.
Use Select to add a list of options from which the user can choose. The options lists can be single select or multiselect, and can be displayed by means of radio buttons or a dropdown list.
– Text area
Use Text area to add a larger text area in which users can post any longer amount of text, e.g. a question, a comment, …
– Text field
Use Text field to add a standard text field. Text fields are commonly used for (first) names, amounts, short pieces of texts.
Use Time to add a standard time field.
3. Determine for every webform component whether the user should be obliged to fill out this component or not by ticking the Mandatory checkbox.
4. Determine whether or not the value entered in the webform component should be mentioned in the mail that is sent to the person that should be notified of all webform submissions.
5. Use the Add button to add the component to the webform and determine the settings for each type of component.
6. Use the Submit button to save the changes to the webform
7. Use the Publish button to publish the webform on the website.