This is the 36th LIBER Alert.
LIBER Alerts are delivered once every two weeks to you and 672 other readers because you’ve signed up for news, resources and links from LIBER, its network and the world of Open Science. Receive LIBER Alerts directly by email.
Thank you to everyone who participated in LIBER 2020 Online! Presentations and slides from the conference are available here.
EXECUTIVE BOARD & OFFICE
- New Executive Board Members: Congratulations to Cécile Swiatek and Dr Adam Sofronijevic! Read about our new Board members and other changes to LIBER’s leadership.
- Job Openings: Join our team! We are looking for a Communications Manager and an Executive Assistant.
- New Team Member: Welcome Iris Buunk, our new Community Engagement and Communications Officer. Read more
LIBER is launching an Innovative Peer Review Working Group. You are invited to join! We are looking for professionals working in LIBER libraries with expertise in peer review, publishing and editorial units or in helping to run advanced repositories. Library staff working on Open Science software, or those responsible for advancing Open Science in their institutions, are also welcome.
- Architecture: Our Architecture Group (LAG) recently launched Library buildings in Europe, a website dedicated to inspiring and supporting anyone working on a library building project.
- Copyright: Update on our call for urgent copyright action to support distance learning & research.
- Metrics: The Innovative Metrics Working Group published a report for library professionals who are trying to address the challenges of research metrics with senior management.
- Open Science Skills: Our Digital Skills Working Group has published a report on Open Science Training Methods and Practices Across European Research Libraries. Their Open Science Skills visualisation is also now available in French.
- Repository Certification Support: SSHOC invites applications from SSH repositories interested in receiving support in achieving CoreTrustSeal certification.
- Training Community: The Training Toolkit was recently introduced to data professionals and trainers from all over Europe.
- Webinars: Watch recordings of the Tools and Resources for FAIR Data and the Combining Quantitative and Qualitative Corpus Analysis webinars.
- Learning Design Framework: Check out this useful planning resource for those organising Open Science, Citizen Science and Open Innovation activities.
- Open Science Implementation: Notes from a recent training session, Open Science implementation: the DOs and DON’Ts.
- Joining Forces for Innovation: Scuola Superiore Sant’Anna, project coordinator of reCreating Europe, recently signed a Memorandum of Understanding with the Italian Central Institute for the Union Catalogue of Italian Libraries and Bibliographical Information (ICCU), project leader of inDICEs – Measuring the impact of digital culture.
Network & Open Science News
- Data Exchange White Paper: The German Council for Scientific Information Infrastructures has released a statement on Designing Trusted Intermediaries for Data Exchange.
- COUNTER Release 5 Survey: This COUNTER User Survey seeks input from libraries, consortia, intermediaries, and publishers about COUNTER Release 5.
- CENL Webinars: On 22 and 29 October 2020, the Books and Audiences Network group is organizing two webinars for people interested in book and literature exhibitions and collections.
- Open Content Activities in Libraries: Read this OCLC report cumulating the efforts from across the OCLC membership to answer the question “What is the status of open access and open content in libraries across the globe?”
- RDM Feedback: Science Europe seeks feedback from RDM professionals in order to develop criteria for the evaluation of Data Management Plans.
- ECSA 2020, Trieste 6-8 September
- Digital Humanities in the Nordic countries (DHN 2020), Riga 20-23 October
- CONUL Conference 2020, Limerick 25-26 November
Want to share your news in the next LIBER Alert? Email email@example.com with a one sentence description and a link related to the news, event or job vacancy you’d like to share. LIBER Alerts are brought to you by Europe’s Largest Network of Research Libraries.