This is the 16th LIBER Alert.
LIBER Alerts are delivered once every two weeks to you and 254 other readers because you’ve signed up for news, resources and links from LIBER, its network and the world of Open Science. Receive LIBER Alerts directly by email.
- Linked Open Data Survey: LIBER’s Linked Open Data Working Group is conducting this survey with the aim of documenting best practices for the publication of Linked Open Data by libraries. Read more and Take the survey
- Copyright Webinar: If your library wants to benefit from Europe’s new Copyright Directive, it is essential to engage in the national implementation phase. Join our webinar on 4 June at 1300 CEST to find out more about the new Directive. We will also discuss how you can engage proactively in implementation. Register
- Save the Date – Architecture Seminar: The LIBER Architecture Group will hold its 20th seminar on Designing for Learning and Scholarship at The University of Luxembourg Learning Center, Belval Campus, on 1-3 April 2020. More information will follow.
- LIBER Journées: The next LIBER LIBER Journées — an exclusive leadership programme for library directors — will take place from 13-15 May 2020 in Budapest at the Library and Information Centre, Hungarian Academy of Sciences. More information will follow.
Network & Open Science News
- SCOSS News: The latest updates from the Global Sustainability Coalition for Open Science Services (SCOSS). Read
- LCRDM Data Stewardship Report: Data Stewardship on the map – A study of tasks and roles in Dutch research institutes. Read more
- 2019 IIIF Conference: The 2019 International Image Interoperability Framework (IIIF) Conference will be held on 24-28 June in Göttingen, hosted by the University of Göttingen / Göttingen State and University Library. The full program is now available. Read more
- Erasmus Library Staff Week, Paris 3-7 June
- Open Repositories 2019, Hamburg 10-13 June
- Erasmus Staff Training Week for Librarians, Odense 11-14 June
- Islandora Camp, Dübendorf 17-19 June
- User Experience in Libraries, London 17-19 June
- OAI 11 – The CERN-UNIGE Workshop on Innovations in Scholarly Communication, Genève 19-21 June
- Building Open Science in Europe: The Road Ahead of EU Member States and the EOSC Community, Tallinn 20 June
- EBLIDA-NAPLE Conference, Dublin 24-25 June
- 2019 IIIF Annual Conference, Gottingen 24-28 June
- LIBER Annual Conference, Dublin 26-28 June
- Libraries as Research Partners in Digital Humanities, The Hague 8 July
- DH2019, Utrecht 9-12 July
- SEMANTiCS2019, Karlsruhe 9-12 September
- Open Science FAIR, Porto 16-18 September
- 14th European Conference on Technology-Enhanced Learning, Delft 16-19 September
- PUBMET2019, Zadar 19-20 September
- Global Media and Information Literacy Week 2019 Feature Conference, Gothenburg 24-26 September 2019
- RDA’s 14th Plenary, Helsinki 23-25 October
- 11th Semantic Web in Libraries Conference, Hamburg 25-27 November
- 77th Estonian DH Conference, Tallin 4-6 December
Call for Papers
Want to share your news in the next LIBER Alert? Email email@example.com with a one sentence description and a link related to the news, event or job vacancy you’d like to share. LIBER Alerts are brought to you by Europe’s Largest Network of Research Libraries.