This is the first LIBER Alert, a twice-monthly bulletin from LIBER Europe.
LIBER Alerts include useful news, resources and links from LIBER, its network and the world of Open Science. Sign up to receive LIBER Alerts directly by email.
LIBER & Network News
- LIBER Libraries & the EOSC: We’ll be in Vienna later this month, promoting the role of research libraries in the upcoming European Open Science Cloud. Read
- Open Access Week: Participate in a MicroMOOC and webinars. Read
- Federated Identity Management for Libraries: Why and How. Read
- SSHOC Project: LIBER is participating in SSHOC, a new project to create a European open cloud ecosystem for social sciences and humanities (SSH). Read
Open Science News
- Free Book from UCL Press: Citizen Science. Innovation in Open Science, Society & Policy. Download
- Plan S: Statement on Opportunities and Challenges for Implementing Plan S. The View of Young Academies. Read
- Open Access: Reflections from Sweden on 100 days after the cancellation of their contract with Elsevier. Read
- Road To Open Science Podcast: The Untapped Potential. Listen
- The European Open Science Cloud: Austria Takes Initiative 30 October
- Focus on Open Science, Belgrade 12 November
- Focus on Open Science, Budapest 15 November
- Focus on Open Science, Vienna 16 November
- Second EOSC Stakeholders Forum, Vienna 21-22 November
- EOSC Launch, Vienna 23 November
- Focus on Open Science, Dublin 29 November
- LIBER Annual Conference, Dublin 26-28 June
- DH2019, Utrecht 9-12 July
Call for Papers
- DH2019, Utrecht (open until 27 November)
Want to share your news in the next LIBER Alert? Email email@example.com with a one sentence description and a link related to the news, event or job vacancy you’d like to share. LIBER Alerts are brought to you by Europe’s Largest Network of Research Libraries.