Job Opening – Administrative Coordinator [CLOSED]
Are you looking for a dynamic and versatile administrative job in an international environment? Do you like multi-tasking and being at the centre of the action in a fast-paced office? Are you service-oriented, pro-active and able to work independently? Then we would like to get to know you!
LIBER, Europe’s largest research library network, has the mission to enable world-class research. We support and speak up on behalf of university, national and special libraries – their institutions and their users – across Europe.
LIBER is facilitated by an ambitious and international office team. We are looking for an Administrative Coordinator to support our operations and facilitate our thriving library community.
What you do
As an Administrative Coordinator you work closely with the Executive Board, the Executive Director and the LIBER Office team. You are the first point of contact for all external parties and are committed to providing attentive support for our 450+ members, Working Groups, and wider community. In this role you ensure the smooth running of Executive Board meetings, both before, during and after. You take pleasure in ensuring our membership administration, including the invoicing process, is always up to date. In addition, you take care of general office tasks such as managing the general mailbox, managing, and organising office documents and ensuring compliance with LIBER’s legal and formal requirements.
There is plenty of room for your own input. We heartily encourage you to come up with practical ideas and initiatives based on your expertise to improve our administrative processes.
In this position your responsibilities include:
- Handling correspondence via mailbox and post, including archiving.
- Maintaining LIBER’s institutional member database and email distribution lists.
- Preparing and processing invoices for payment in collaboration with the Financial Controller.
- Scheduling online and in person meetings, preparing and distributing meeting agendas and taking minutes on behalf of the Executive Board and Executive Director.
- Managing and organising office documents and securing compliance with legal or formal obligations.
- Ensuring that the office is well-maintained, organised, and secure, both digitally and on site.
- Providing administrative support to the organisation of LIBER events, like preparing contracts and budgets.
- You have a higher education degree, or equivalent qualification, and at least 2 to 3 years of relevant work experience. We also find it important that you:
- Work independently, take initiative, and find creative solutions for administrative challenges.
- Work in an organised and efficient manner and can deal with tight deadlines in a moving environment.
- Can build strong relationships with people at all levels, both inside and outside the organisation and across cultures.
- Have a high level of proficiency across office software applications (Microsoft Office). Experience with website management software (like WordPress) and with accounting software packages (like Exact Online) is a plus.
- Excellent command of English and Dutch (CEFR-C1 or similar) both in writing and speaking.
Competencies that apply to this role are detail-oriented, resourceful and dependable, with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
We Offer You
A varied job with a lot of independence in an enthusiastic and driven team, with excellent employment conditions based on the Collective Labor Agreement WVOI.
The salary depends on your knowledge and experience and is between € 3,319 and € 4,576 gross per month (Scale 9, CAO WVOI) for a full-time appointment. In addition, we offer a vacation allowance of 8%, a December allowance of 8.33% and 338 hours of Annual Leave. LIBER offers an excellent pension scheme and a flexible and friendly working environment. A 1-year contract will be offered initially with a possible extension to a permanent contract, depending on performance and funding. You report to the Executive Director.
Special working conditions
LIBER is located in the Koninklijke Bibliotheek, in The Hague. As a result of our events and meetings, occasional out-of-hours working (including weekends) and regular travelling is expected. We offer a flexible working environment in a small team.
Do you recognise yourself in this profile? For an informal discussion regarding the position please contact LIBER Executive Director, Martine Pronk (email@example.com or +31 6 248 631 33). To apply, please submit a CV and cover letter outlining your eligibility for and interest in this position to firstname.lastname@example.org using ‘Administrative Coordinator’ in the subject line.
The closing date for applications is Monday, 4 September 2023.