Through the theme Start Spreading the News! the conference will explore topics such as marketing strategies for online newspaper content and use of news content for research purposes.
Examples include, but are not limited to:
- Use of social media, such as Facebook, Twitter, news blogs and Flickr to expose news and raise awareness of news content to users.
- Emerging research methodologies in using news and news content.
- Text mining newspapers and news content.
- Technologies used in text mining and in the presentation of mined data.
- Case studies of statistical and word patterns research planned or underway of mined news content.
- Traditional research underway in using digitized newspaper collections.
- Users’ experiences with digitized newspaper collections.
- Usability expectations.
- Innovative methods for design, use, and engagement of users in newspaper content systems.
- Strategies for finding, or finding out about, newspapers in the semantic web.
- Newspapers in genealogical or family history contexts.
The deadline for submitting paper and poster proposals is December 1st, 2013.