We take pleasure in inviting you to the next APARSEN webinar on Certification of Digital Preservation Repositories.
The webinar will be held on 9 December, 15:00 Central European Time (14:00 UK time) via web-meeting and is scheduled to last 2 hours.
Successful digital preservation depends heavily on the longevity of trustworthy archives. Certification of data repositories and digital archives is a very important step to ensure the long term quality and sustainability of archives and to have a documentable assessment of the solidity and robustness of their working procedures and preservation approaches.
Several initiatives have evolved in the recent years to establish good certification internationally. In the upcoming APARSEN webinar the most noteworthy approaches are explained and compared. Among them are the Data Seal of Approval (DSA) by Dutch Data Archive DANS, the ISO-method as tested by the Royal Library KB, and the DNI-standard applied by the National Library of Germany DNB. The APARSEN-project is designing a way forward in which these different certification approaches can be combined and applied to their mutual strength.
The speaker’s programme is:
1. Simon Lambert, APARSEN Coordinator: “How Certification fits the APARSEN project”
2. Ingrid Dillo, DANS-NL: “Self certification: “Data Seal of Approval approach”
3. Sabine Schrimpf, German National Library DNB: “DIN/Nestor approach for certification”
4. Barbara Sierman, Dutch Royal Library KB: “ISO approach for certification”
5. David Giaretta, APARSEN project Manager: “How APARSEN tries to make ISO, DIN and DSA work together”
Moderator: Eefke Smit (STM)
The meeting is a web-meeting and takes place on megameeting:
If you have not used megameeting before, please take a few minutes before the meeting to install it on your computer.
More information on APARSEN can be found here:
LIBER is a partner in the APARSEN project.