Are you innovative and flexible, and would you like to work for an international library organisation? Are you aware of recent developments in the library sector? Do you have a good oral and written knowledge of English? Do you have a talent for working with stakeholders from different countries? Come join the LIBER team.
LIBER (Association of European Research Libraries / Ligue des Bibliothèques Européennes de Recherche) is looking for a Projects Officer, based at our office in the National Library of The Netherlands. This is a part-time position, for 20 hours per week. Download the full job description.
What is the role?
Your primary focus will be to contribute to the duties that LIBER has been asigned as part of several European projects, (mainly relating to communication and dissemination activities) and to provide support for the coordination of LIBER’s participation in Horizon 2020. Tasks would include:
- Working with other project partners and contributing to work packages in which LIBER is involved
- Implementing project communication plans and organising dissemination activities such as workshops
- Promoting projects to the LIBER membership and raising awareness through workshops, conferences, social media and other tools
- Compiling EU bids, under the supervision of the Projects Manager
- Organizing a Horizon2020 workshop at the LIBER Conference
What skills are needed?
The successful candidate will be:
- Knowledgable about current communication tools, in particular social media
- An excellent written and verbal communicator
- Fluent in English
- Familiar with current issues in research libraries
- Comfortable with computers (including knowledge of MS Office packages, email and the internet)
- Creative, flexible and with a demonstrable feeling for innovation
- A team player
- Able to manage a variety of tasks, prioritise a heavy workload and meet targets
- Have a logical approach to problem solving
- Be able to work with minimum supervision
What are the benefits?
The salary will be on Scale 8: minimum € 2,285.00 to maximum €3,061.00 gross per month full-time, plus a vacation allowance of 8% and a December allowance of 8.33%.
How to Apply
Please send your CV with a covering letter in English to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your phone number and/or skype ID should be clearly mentioned.
The deadline for applications is January 9th, 2014. Interviews will be held on January 17th, 2014 (via phone or skype).
More About Us
LIBER (Association of European Research Libraries / Ligue des Bibliothèques Européennes de Recherche) is the major association of research libraries in Europe and has its office in the National Library of the Netherlands in The Hague.
LIBER represents and promotes the interests of more than 400 research libraries and related organizations in 40 countries. We develop services for our members in order to preserve the European cultural heritage and to guarantee access to research information; we help libraries to set up adequate and innovative information services to support teaching, learning and research in their institutions; and we invest in efficient and effective library management.