Contributions are being sought on the role of classification and data analysis in this domain. Topics in these area include but are not limited to:
- Classification and subject indexing in the context of catalogs and resource discovery systems
- Methods, approaches and applications in subject indexing, classification and data analysis in different countries
- Open Access to classification systems: How can we provide a sustainable classification infrastructure?
- Linked (subject) data (E.g. Faceted classification and Linked Data architectures: a happy alignment?)
- Classification, Subject indexing and the Semantic Web (E.g. Taxonomies and Semantic Web Ontologies: how closely are they related to each other?)
- Automatic and manual methods in Classification and Subject indexing (E.g. Mappings, concordances, heuristics)
- Classification of research data
- Subject retrieval in multilingual and multicultural environments
- Serendipity in library collections and digital libraries
The workshop language is English.
Participants intending to present a talk are invited to submit an abstract via the conference website. All abstracts will undergo a reviewing process. Accepted abstracts will be distributed to the conference participants. The post-conference proceedings will be published in the Springer Series ‘Studies in Classification, Data Analysis, and Knowledge Organization’.
- Submission of Abstracts: 15 March 2014
- Notification of Acceptance: 30 April 2014
- Early bird registration ends: 15 May 2014
- Conference: 02 July 2014 – 04 July 2014
- Submission of Full Papers: 30 September 2014
- Notification of Acceptance of full papers: 15 November 2014
Detailed information about the submission and refereeing procedures, formatting instructions, transport as well as hotel arrangements will be available on the conference website from January 2014: http://ecda2014.eu