Readers of LIBER’s academic journal LIBER Quarterly may already have discovered its new layout, which has been realised thanks to the collaboration between our host Uopen (formerly Igitur) at the University of Utrecht and Ubiquity Press.
In addition to a modern look, the website boasts a number of new features:
- Article level metrics, where the numer of views and downloads are given for each paper since its publication (for archival papers the counting started in January 2016).
- DOI numbers, instead of URN.
- Hovering the mouse over a citation shows the full reference.
- Possibility to store (either private or public) personal annotations to the papers (after a free login with Hypothes.is). Great tool to point readers to new developments after the publication.
- Possibility for discussions, where readers can leave their comments (after a free login with DISQUS).
As before, registering as a ‘reader’ brings you an automatic e-mail with the table of contents of each new issue. And, of course, it is an Open Access journal, with no article processing charges (APC) for the author, courtesy of LIBER and Uopen. The new layout makes our journal even more attractive, both for readers and for authors!