The Call for Papers for LIBER’s 2018 Annual Conference — in Lille, France from 4 to 6 July 2018 — is now open.
The deadline for submitting a proposal is 19 February 2018. Guidance and conference topics are outlined in detail below.
Research libraries as an Open Science hub: from strategy to action
The theme of the conference connects to LIBER’s new strategy, launched in November 2017.
- Innovative publishing
- Literacy: media literacy, data literacy, innovation in literacy programmes
- Reproducibility, sustainability, crosschecking
- Open data, FAIR data
- Semantic interoperability
- Digital Humanities
- Citizen Science
- Information ethics
- Leadership skills in the context of Open Science
We invite submissions of:
- Future oriented thought-pieces arising out of current research
- Research papers presenting theoretical solutions, but with a clear illustration on how these solutions can be applied
- Position papers presenting opinions on some aspect of practice, or describing work that is still in progress, but sufficiently mature to warrant attention
- Posters outlining experiences and case studies specifying requirements, challenges or opportunities
- Best practices
We are also looking for proposals that will be pitched during a plenary panel session. We are seeking 3-4 separate 5 minute pitches that either propose adopting a new local or national solution at European level or a completely radical innovation/idea that is ripe for exploration by European research libraries.
NEW – This year we are also looking for contributions for 5-minute presentations. These are contributions on the same topics as mentioned above, but which can be presented briefly and forcefully.
For tips on 5-minute presentations, please see this link.
The Programme Committee will select abstracts based on the following criteria:
- Relevance for the call for papers
- Level of innovation
- Impact on the wider library community
- Quality of the abstract
How to Submit Your Abstract
To submit an abstract of your paper or poster go to https://www.conftool.net/liber2018.
The deadline for submission of abstracts is 19 February 2018.
Guidance & Notes on Submitting
- Accepted contributions will be limited to one paper and/or poster abstract per author. Similarly, we aim to avoid more than 1 paper on a single initiative/project.
- Papers from commercial providers will not be considered.
- All submissions will be automatically considered for the LIBER Award and for the LIBER Annual Conference Fund.
- Abstract length should be a minimum of 250 words and should not exceed 500 words.
- The language of the conference will be English, therefore the Committee will only accept submissions in this language.
- All submitted abstracts will be peer-reviewed by at least two reviewers from LIBER’s Conference Programme Committee, who will evaluate them on the basis of the criteria mentioned above.
- Authors are encouraged to submit their accepted papers for publication in LIBER Quarterly, which is now a fully peer-reviewed journal. Instructions for this can be found on the journal website; you may contact the managing editor through the journal’s contact page.
For tips on writing abstracts, please see this link.
Please note that all presenters are responsible for their own registration and travel costs.