LIBER is Europe’s largest research library network. Our network consists mainly of University, national and special libraries. Together we help libraries support world-class research.
LIBER was founded in 1971 and is based in The Hague. In November 2017 LIBER launched its new Strategy for 2018-2022: Research Libraries, Powering Sustainable Knowledge in the Digital Age.
To contribute to the implementation of the new strategy, we are looking for an Executive Assistant who can support our Executive Board and Executive Director.
The successful candidate will be flexible, sharp, highly organized and internationally minded. You will play a central role in a dynamic international organisation and are keen to develop, grow and take on additional challenges and responsibilities. Your tasks and duties will evolve, along with the organisation.
This is a full-time position, starting immediately.
As Executive Assistant you will be responsible for:
- Scheduling meetings and preparing documents on behalf of the Executive Board and the Executive Director.
- Distributing documents for meetings, taking minutes and tracking follow ups.
- Arranging international flights and accommodation.
- Preparing and distributing quarterly mailings to LIBER Participants.
- Maintaining services to LIBER Participants (mailing lists, member database).
- Administering and managing the LIBER Office, including preparing and processing invoices for payment, and preparing, filing and tracking expense reimbursements for the LIBER Office team.
- Contributing to the organisation of the LIBER Annual Conference.
- Managing LIBER’s Sponsorship portfolio.
- Are highly organized and efficient, and can work to tight deadlines.
- Have the ability to multitask and operate effectively in a moving environment.
- Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Can build strong relationships with people at all levels, both inside and outside the organisation.
- Are fluent in English, have a good knowledge of Dutch and have good written skills in both languages.
- Are proactive, detail-oriented, resourceful and dependable.
- Have a high level of proficiency across office software applications (i.e. Outlook, Word, Excel).
- Are able to work across cultures and time zones.
- Have proven experience in a similar role.
- Are aware of / are interested in research libraries and/or universities.
- The chance to be part of a young and ambitious international team.
- Personal development and lots of variety in your work.
- A broad scope of responsibilities.
- Salary – Scale 7. This implies a full-time equivalent of minimum €2200 to maximum gross €2960 per month, plus a vacation allowance of 8%, and a December allowance of 8.33%.
- Benefits – LIBER follows the working agreement (CAO) for Research Insitutions in the Netherlands. Our benefits include 42 days annual leave, based on a full-time position, an excellent pension scheme, as set out in the CAO, and a flexible and friendly working environment.
- Reports to – the Executive Director.
- Location – LIBER Office, Koninklijke Bibliotheek, The Hague.
- Hours of Work – 100%, 38 hours per week.
- Period of Appointment – A 6-month contract will be offered initially. The intention is to make the appointment permanent, depending on performance.
Special Working Conditions
Occasional out-of-hours working, including weekends, is expected. This is in association with conferences, meetings and other events.
Do you recognise yourself in this profile? For an informal discussion regarding the position please contact LIBER Executive Director, Astrid Verheusen (email@example.com). To apply, please submit a CV and covering letter outlining your eligibility for and interest in this position to firstname.lastname@example.org using ‘Executive Assistant’ in the subject line.
The closing date for applications is Friday, 12 January 2018.