Nominations are now being accepted for upcoming vacant positions on LIBER’s Executive Board.
The following appointments will be made at our 2018 Annual Conference:
- Board Member (1)
Why Join The Board?
Serving on LIBER’s Executive Board can be a highlight of your library career. You will:
- Be part of a dynamic and active group of library professionals, who are committed to furthering the work of research libraries across Europe.
- Have a key say in setting LIBER’s strategic priorities, advising on and advancing the work of the association.
- Network, exchange best-practices and share your expertise with library leaders within Europe and globally.
- Gain hands-on experience with strategic planning, budget-setting and reporting.
Learn more about serving on the Board.
The LIBER Executive Board welcomes candidate nominations from libraries in countries in all parts of Europe, and from younger candidates. The nominations process is as follows:
- Check that the candidate and the person supporting the nomination (the proposer) are employed by a LIBER library in the Institution or Organisation categories. Search the list of LIBER libraries.
- If you are proposing someone for a role, please obtain the consent of the candidate before submitting the nomination.
- Complete the Nomination Form.
- Return the completed form to the Secretary-General no later than two calendar weeks before the opening of the Meeting of Participants on Thursday 5 July 2018 (i.e. by Thursday 21 June 2018). Nominations should be addressed to: Mr John MacColl, Secretary-General.
In addition to the new openings outlined above, the following six Executive Board members will have completed terms of office by July 2018. They are eligible for re-appointment for a further term of two years and are willing to stand for re-appointment:
- Dr Wolfram Horstmann, Göttingen State and University Library, Germany
- Dr Martin Hallik, University of Tartu, Estonia
- Mr Martin Svoboda, National Technical Library, Czech Republic
- Drs Anja Smit, Utrecht University, The Netherlands
- Dr Matthijs van Otegem, Erasmus University Rotterdam, The Netherlands
- Dr Giannis Tsakonas, University of Patras, Greece
LIBER has so far received the following nominations.
Candidate: Ms Jeannette Frey, BCU Lausanne, Switzerland
Proposer: Kristiina Hormia-Poutanen, National Library of Finland, Finland (Nomination Form)
Candidate: Mr Julien Roche, University of Lille, France
Proposer: Ms Jeannette Frey, BCU Lausanne, Switzerland (Nomination Form)
Candidate: Porf. Lars Burman, Uppsala University Library, Sweden
Proposer: Mr Wilhelm Widmark, Stockholm University Library, Sweden (Nomination Form)
Any LIBER Library not able to be present at the Meeting of Participants on Thursday 5 July 2018 may delegate its right to vote to another member acting as proxy or to the Chairman acting as proxy.
Any LIBER Library intending to delegate its vote should complete the proxy voting form, which will be circulated with the March 2018 and May 2018 Mailings, and return it to the LIBER Office. Please note that to be valid proxy forms must be received by the LIBER Office no later than Wednesday 4 July 2018.
If you have any questions about the appointments at the 2018 Meeting of Participants, or if you would like further information, please contact Mr John MacColl, Secretary-General.