Summary: The Head of Department Service Design and User Experience must provide leadership in Service Design and User Experience for the library, and make recommendations to the Director of the University Library for strategic development and goals for the Library in the above mentioned fields, applying methods of quantitative and qualitative analyses. He or she coordinates the fields of academic integrity and information literacy within the scientific community on peer-to-peer level. He or she is also on duty for collection development and as subject librarian in the social sciences (political sciences, sociology) and will actively engage with faculty, staff and students in these disciplines. The post holder will coordinate and organize workshops and events on national and international level.
- Coordinates and leads the Department for Service Design and User Experience
- Coordinates the projects “Academic Integrity” and “Information Literacy”
- Serves as subject librarian in the social sciences (political sciences, sociology)
- Communicates on peer-to-peer level with the University’s professors and teaching staff
- Organizes conferences, workshops, meetings on regional, national and international level
- University degree (master, diploma) and conferral of a doctorate in the social sciences
- Several years of professional experience in the fields of empirical social research (quantitative and qualitative analyses)
- Sound knowledge of the German University landscape and national as well as international science scene
- Excellent presentation and technology skills for effective teaching and lecture presentations (teaching certificate)
- Ability to confidently represent the Library externally as well as to work collaboratively and constructively in a University environment, including strong communication and influencing skills.