During LIBER’s 2020 Meeting of Participants, held as part of our LIBER 2020 Online Annual Conference, two Executive Board members were appointed. In this blog post you can read about our new Board members and other changes to LIBER’s leadership.
New Executive Board Members
The two people appointed by a vote of LIBER Participants to the Executive Board in 2020 are:
- Cécile Swiatek (ADBU Secretary General, French Academic Libraries Association, Paris, France)
- Dr Adam Sofronijevic (Deputy Director, University library “Svetozar Markovic”, Belgrade, Serbia)
Executive Board Reappointments
The following people were reappointed to the Executive Board, also by a vote of LIBER Participants:
- Ms Jeannette Frey, LIBER President, Bibliothèque Cantonale et Universitaire Lausanne, Switzerland.
- Mr Julien Roche, LIBER Vice President, University of Lille, France.
- Dr Giannis Tsakonas, LIBER Executive Board member, University of Patras, Greece.
- Prof Dr Lars Burman, LIBER Executive Board member, Uppsala University, Sweden.
Drs Anja Smit, who has served as LIBER Treasurer, was appointed to serve as Special Advisor to the Executive Board.
Dr Hilde van Wijngaarden was appointed as LIBER Treasurer.
Thanks to Those Leaving the Executive Board
We would like to thank the following two people for serving on the Executive Board.
- Mr Martin Svoboda, National Library of Technology, Prague, Czech Republic.
- Ms Kristiina Hormia-Poutanen, National Library of Finland, Finland.