Anja Smit is University Librarian at Utrecht University and a member of LIBER’s Executive Board. She joined Utrecht University in 2010, after an international career of over 20 years in library management and library automation, including being library director at two Dutch Universities (Nijmegen and Maastricht) and three years in the United States.
“As an Executive Consultant for a non-profit library service organisation I helped libraries on strategic and tactical planning, human resource management, facilities renovation, and other topics critical to library administrators.”
Active in the library world since 1988, she has served on several national and international committees, including:
- Chair of the Dutch Consortium of University Libraries and the Royal Library (UKB) 2011-2014
- Membership of the Board of a Public Library organization 2008-2012
- Member of The Dutch Consortium for Information Infrastructure 2010 –
- Served on Global Council of OCLC (a worldwide library service organisation) since 2010; elected Vice-President/President Elect of Global Council in 2014
- Advisory Council of National repository NARCIS (by KNAW-DANS) 2013-