2019 LIBER Executive Board Nominations: Meet The Candidates
CULTURAL HERITAGE on line – Trusted Digital Repositories & Trusted Professionals
Following the success of the two previous conferences, Fondazione Rinascimento Digitale is delighted to announce the 3rd edition of the “CULTURAL HERITAGE on line – Trusted Digital Repositories & Trusted Professionals” Conference
“CULTURAL HERITAGE on line – Trusted Digital Repositories & Trusted Professionals” Conference
( http://www.rinascimento-digitale.it/conference2012 ) that will be held on 11-12 December 2012 in Florence, with a rich program of specialised events and tutorials.
This year the focus is on competences and skills necessary to manage trusted digital repositories. In particular the following topics will be investigated:
- how to preserve digital contents in a trusted digital repository
- how to understand cultural heritage and digital humanities specific requirement
- long term preservation policies for trust and sustainability
- he role of standards and the importance of cooperation among user communities
- user needs for training and re-skilling of professionals in cultural institutions
- a focus on the Italian policy framework for the cultural and scientific heritage
It is evident that Internet continues to have an impressive impact on cultural heritage and humanist communities by affecting the way they work, use, exchange and produce knowledge; new architectures and radically different paradigms arise continuously engendering a deep rethinking of traditional roles and tasks. Going digital does not mean buying some computers or designing a Web site, on the contrary it has to do with transforming the fundamental relationship that exists between the government and the single citizen, who is asked to preserve his memory in digital forms. The so called ‘dematerialization’ of all the knowledge and services is posing a challenge for the future of the information society that we must be prepared to face.