Europeana Research: call for partners
LIBER invites members to take part in a project proposal for the EU’s PSP ICT Programme by submitting content to be aggregated by Europeana in a project proposal entitled Europeana Research.
Co-ordinated by the Europeana Foundation, the project builds on the existing Europeana Libraries project by aggregating further content from LIBER members, with a focus on aggregating content to allow provide researchers with a greater mass of relevant content in Europeana.
Data to be submitted could include full text of books, research datasets, OA journals, blogs and other academic content for which the Library has stewardship. Content from archives, museums, galleries and academic departments of interest to research libraries is strongly welcomed. The content should be of relevant to the humanities and social sciences. The project is particularly interested in how it can aggregate and re-present content related to a specific period in time, e.g. content from or about the nineteenth century, but is happy to accept content from any era.
A number of other criteria, as stipulated in the call, are listed below. The relevant objective in 2.1.a Content into Europeana.
The content to be contributed to Europeana may include:
- Material (e.g. books, audiovisual, sound, archival records), should be held by culturalinstitutions and private content holders from different Members States and associatedcountries.
- The quality and quantity of the digital content (and related metadata) to be effectivelycontributed to the project by each content provider must be clearly identified.
- The criteria for the selection of the content to be aggregated should be clearly identified.
- The proposal should demonstrate the European added value of bringing the selectedcontent to Europeana and that the content to be contributed constitutes critical mass.
- The metadata to be contributed to Europeana should comply with technical andlicensing conditions and agreements in force as agreed by the Europeana Foundation.
- The consortium must demonstrate to have the rights to provide access to the contentthrough Europeana and, where possible cater for the reuse of the material for creativity.
- The consortium must include content providers and can also include national or domainspecific aggregators.
If you are interested in becoming a project partner, please complete the attached Content Template and return it to me by Wednesday 4th April at 17.00 British Summer Time.
President of LIBER