The keynote speaker will be EU Commissioner Neelie Kroes, Vice-President for the Digital Agenda. Other guest speakers include representatives from the British government and from Asia, Europe and the USA. The full programme may be found here.
Attendance at the conference will be essential if you or your organisation want to know more about preserving your digitally encoded intellectual capital – your most important asset.
Topics will include
- the challenges which major information holders and solution providers are addressing
- the latest news on developing a coherent view of what works in digital preservation and how the research efforts and developments fit together
- what infrastructure is being put in place to help you
- how to check whether you or those you fund are doing an adequate job in preserving information
- how to build the business case for preservation
- how preservation fits into the commercial world, including privacy and security
- success stories from which we can learn
Further information as well as the programme and registration can be found here.