Date(s) - 22/10/2015 - 23/10/2015
University of Cyprus
Thursday, 22 October 2015
Morning: Consultation for Cypriot policy makers, managements of research institutions, and staff working in funding bodies
- Open Access in Horizon 2020 and recommendations for national open access policies in EU Member States (presented by an expert from FOSTER or PASTEUR4OA projects)
- Establishing national open access policy for publications and research data (National Point of Reference for OA),
- Cypriot national open access infrastructure for publications and research data (Sylvia Koukounidou, University of Cyprus Library, OpenAIRE2020 National Open Access Desk, Elena Diomidi-Parpouna, University of Cyprus Library Acting Director),
- Discussion, questions and answers
Cypriot policy makers and management departments of research institutions will be able to get acquainted with the open access policies in the European Research Area (Horizon 2020, national funding). The consultation will be able to provide the information that they need in order to make decisions and take any possible assistant from experts in preparing a national open access policy.
Afternoon: Training for the research project managers, the researchers, the young researchers and the postgraduate students affiliated with the academia of Cyprus
- Policies of the European and international research funders regarding open access (presented by an expert from FOSTER or PASTEUR4OA projects),
- Open access to publications: the routes, the benefits and how to… (presented by an expert from FOSTER or PASTEUR4OA projects),
- Open research data & Open Access Data Pilot (Officers from the Directorate General for European Programmes, Coordination and Development and the Research promotion foundation as the National Points of Reference for Open Access),
- Discussion, questions and answers.
The researchers will be able to get information on open access mandates from the European and international funders and on how to comply. The young researchers and postgraduate students need to be trained in open access as a regular activity in the research workflows. Project managers will be able to understand the grant agreements’ requirements and the opportunities they have to provide their research results and data in Open Access.
Friday, 23 October: conference/workshop, combined with the National workshop of OpenAIRE2020 training for the academic and relevant administrative staff of all local universities, institutions (administrators, librarians)
Policies of the European and international research funders regarding open access to publications and open research data (presented by the experts from FOSTER or PASTEUR4OA projects (Dr Victoria Tsoukala)),
- Legal issues: copyright and privacy on publications & data (presented by the experts from FOSTER),
- The use of Creative commons (Local professor from a University Law Department)
- Gold Open Access pilot (FP7 APCs )
- Gold & Green Open Access Routes
- The Librarians’ role in Open access to publications and research data (Mr Panagiotis Themistocleous, CALIS Board President)
- Repository managers: guidelines to meet H2020 requirements (OpenAIRE2020 experts)
- Discussion, questions and answers
In this diverse one day workshop, Open Access issues will be discussed in order to provide an as much possible answers on questions, especially regarding obligations, legal and technical issues. The audience (academic and relevant administrative staff of all local universities, institutions (administrators, librarians)) will have the ability to hear and discuss the information on open access mandates from the European and international funders and how to comply while a technical session will take place regarding repository compliancy and guidelines. Librarians will have the opportunity to hear about all aspects of open access to publications and open research data in order to offer competent support to researchers in complying with the funder mandates.