Are you dynamic and flexible, and would you like to work for an international library organisation? Do you have broad knowledge and understanding of the current movements in the library business? Do you have experience implementing communication activities? Do you have a good oral and written knowledge of English, and a familiarity with other European languages? Do you have talent for working with stakeholders from different countries?
LIBER (Association of European Research Libraries / Ligue des Bibliothèques Européennes de Recherche) is looking for a Communication Officer EU Projects (50%).
The primary focus of this role will be communication activities relating to European projects in which LIBER is a partner. You will be responsible for undertaking the duties listed in the project description of work which have been assigned to LIBER. The Communication Officer EU projects reports directly to the LIBER Executive Director.
- support the communication activities of European projects in which LIBER is involved
- provide editorial support in the context of European projects
- work with other project partners and co-ordinate communication actions and work packages
- identify and liaise with different stakeholders in the context of several (European) projects
- promote projects and raise awareness through workshops, conferences, social media and other tools
- set up large scale surveys and use case scenarios
- maintain regular and effective contacts with press and other targeted audiences (libraries, universities, EU institutions)
- research, write and distribute press releases to targeted media
- collate and analyse media coverage
- organise events including press conferences
- source and manage speaking opportunities
Essential skills and experience:
- Bachelor degree
- Experience in a communication role
- Demonstrable experience of current communication tools, in particular social media
- Demonstrable verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent knowledge of oral and written English.
- Familiarity with/interest in current issues in research libraries
- Full knowledge of the MS Office suite of tools including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Explorer, and Acrobat and Photoshop.
- Dynamic, flexible and with a demonstrable feeling for innovation
- Ability to work on a variety of projects simultaneously, prioritise a heavy workload and meet targets
- Possessing a sense of diplomacy and leadership at the same time
- Demonstrable team working skills
- Demonstrable interpersonal skills
- Demonstrable project management skills
- The ability to manage a variety of tasks, prioritise a heavy workload and meet targets
- A logical approach to problem-solving
- The ability to work with minimum supervision
Desirable knowledge and experience
- Experience of working in an international environment
- Experience with large scale surveys, use case scenarios and quantitative analysis
- Understanding of one or more European languages other than English
Terms and conditions of employment
The appointment (50% = 20 hours per week) will be for 1 year. The post of Communication Officer will be located in the LIBER Office in the National Library of the Netherlands in The Hague. Occasional travel outside The Netherlands will be required.
Salary will be based on Scale 10: minimum € 2,339,- to maximum € 3,707,- gross per month (calculated on a full-time basis), plus a vacation allowance of 8%, and a December allowance of 8.33% (calculated on a full-time basis). In addition you will be entitled to 42 days holiday per year (calculated on a full-time basis). The Labour Agreement is based on the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Research Centres (http://www.wvoi.nl/default.asp?cid=92&pid=76/).
Out-of-hours working, including occasional weekends, will also be expected in association with conferences and meetings.
For further information contact Wouter Schallier, LIBER Executive Director: e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interested? Please send your CV with a covering letter in English to: email@example.com. Please mention clearly your phone number and skype ID.
Deadline for applications: 26th of February 2012. Skype interviews will be held on the 15th of March 2012 (to be confirmed), starting at 1pm CET.
More about us:
LIBER (Association of European Research Libraries / Ligue des Bibliothèques Européennes de Recherche) is the major association of research libraries in Europe and has its office in the National Library of the Netherlands in The Hague.
LIBER represents and promotes the interests of more than 425 research libraries and related organizations in more than 40 countries. We develop services for our members in order to preserve the European cultural heritage and to guarantee access to research information; we help libraries to set up adequate and innovative information services to support teaching, learning and research in their institutions; and we invest in efficient and effective library management.
More information about LIBER can be found at http://libereurope.eu