OCLC and LIBER announce joint discussion series on Open Science
Research Libraries in the 2020 Information Landscape
The place of libraries in a future information landscape will be examined at LIBER's 43rd Annual Conference. It will take place from 2-5 July 2014 in Riga, Latvia.
The venue will be the splendid new building of Latvia's national library, known as the "Castle of Light".
More information can be found on the conference website, including details of the:
- Call for Papers
- Bursaries to cover the cost of attending LIBER 2014
- LIBER Award for Library Innovation
Important dates are as follows:
- 15 Feb – Conference registration opens. This is also the deadline for paper and poster submissions.
- 5 March – Notification of acceptance/rejection for paper and poster proposals
- 15 March – Accepted authors confirm their participation
- 30 March – LIBER fund recipients informed
- 30 April – Deadline for early registration
- 13 June – Final registration
- 20 June – Speakers to send powerpoint presentations
Please note that the 2014 Conference is being held a week later than usual because of national holidays in Latvia at the end of June.