LIBER (Ligue des Bibliothèques Européennes de Recherche – Association of European Research Libraries) is the voice of Europe’s research library community.
For nearly 50 years, we have worked together to meet our mission of Enabling World Class Research. We do this by representing the interests of our institutions, their universitites and their researchers in several key areas.
Our 2018-2022 Strategy outlines our main areas of focus, including key topics such as Copyright Reform, Digital Humanities, Open Access, Metrics, and Research Data Management. The Strategy is executed thanks largely to the dedication of the hundreds of volunteers who serve on our Executive Board, Steering Committees and Working Groups, as well as through our participation in international projects is key to the execution of our Strategy.
Every year, our community comes together at our Annual Conference — a major event for research library professionals from around the world. LIBER has many
As an association, we value Collaboration and Inclusivity. We have six main aims:
- High-quality services for all users of library and information services
- Intellectual freedom and access to scholarship
- Collaboration with campus, local, national, European and global partners
- Stewardship of collections and institutional resources, in the most appropriate format
- Leadership, innovation and a willingness to embrace opportunities for change
- Inclusivity, equality of opportunity and fulfilment of potential