LIBER is a foundation registered in the Netherlands. Our work is guided by library professionals from across Europe. They serve on our Executive Board, Committees and Working Groups.
The Executive Board is made up of senior library professionals. Board members take the lead in directing LIBER’s Strategy and activities. They delegate responsibility for the delivery of the Strategy, and the day-to-day management of the organisation to the LIBER Office, through the Executive Director.
A number of Committees make a significant contribution to the work of the Executive Board and LIBER as an organisation.
- The Board is supported by a Finance Committee and an Appointments Committee to oversee staff matters.
- A Conference Programme Committee prepares the programme for LIBER Annual Conferences.
- Three Steering Committees are responsible for ensuring that LIBER’s Strategy is successfully executed. Each Steering Committee is chaired by a member of the Board, and is responsible for one of LIBER’s three Strategic Directions. There are four committees for the Strategy 2023-2027: Research Libraries as Engaged and Trusted Hubs , Research Libraries as Providers of State-of-the-art Services and Research Libraries as leaders for Advancing Open Science and Upskilling the Library Workforce.
Over 100 professionals from LIBER libraries volunteer on our Working Groups. The groups address important areas of work for the research library community. All staff in LIBER libraries are welcome to get involved. Learn more.
Accountability, Statutes & Regulations
The following links give access to the most important statutory documents.
- LIBER Rules and Regulations (PDF in English)
- LIBER Rules Governing the Conduct of Appointments to the LIBER Executive Board May 2010 (in English)
- LIBER Foundation Statutes (PDF in English) (PDF in Dutch LIBER Foundation Statutes NL)
- Honorary Status Awardees
- Statutes of the former Association in English, French and German