For nearly 50 years, we have worked together to meet our mission of Enabling World Class Research. We do this by representing the interests of our institutions, their universities and their researchers in several key areas.
Our 2023-2027 Strategy outlines our main areas of focus, including key topics such as Copyright Reform, Digital Humanities, Open Access, and Research Data Management.
The Strategy is executed thanks to the dedication of the hundreds of volunteers who serve on our Executive Board, Steering Committees and Working Groups. Our participation in international projects is also key to the execution of our Strategy.
Every year, our community comes together at our Annual Conference — a major event for research library professionals from around the world.
As an association, we value Collaboration and Inclusivity. We have six main aims:
- High-quality services for all users of library and information services
- Intellectual freedom and access to scholarship
- Collaboration with campus, local, national, European and global partners
- Stewardship of collections and institutional resources, in the most appropriate format
- Leadership, innovation and a willingness to embrace opportunities for change
- Inclusivity, equality of opportunity and fulfilment of potential