Statements & Lobbying
LIBER believes in voicing its concerns and defending its members’ positions to make them an important part of decision making in the European Commission and at national level.
Throughout 2020, we issued various statements, often in collaboration with organisations in our network, to lobby for the better footing of libraries and their patrons:
• Update on Call for Urgent Copyright Action to Support Distance Learning & Research (July 2020)
• IARLA Supports cOAlition S Rights Retention Strategy (July 2020)
• Endorsement of the Initiative for Open Abstracts (I4OA) (July 2020)
• Call for a reinforcement of the European cultural and educational dimension (August 2020)
• Comments on the Current State of European Research Libraries during the COVID-19 Pandemic (September 2020).