OpenCitations, DOAB and OAPEN and PKP latest services to earn SCOSS recommendation
Mission & Values
Our Mission is to enable world-class research.
This means that we aim to:
- Provide an information infrastructure to enable research in LIBER Institutions to be world class;
- Enhance the experience of users in LIBER Institutions, which is enriched by the facilities and services which LIBER can offer;
- Promote and advocate for European libraries in all European and national fora where the voice of LIBER needs to be heard;
- Develop library and information professionals who are innovative and can offer leadership to LIBER and to the national/international library community.
Our Values are Collaboration and Inclusivity.
- High-quality services for all users of library and information services;
- Intellectual freedom and access to scholarship;
- Collaboration with campus, local, national, European and global partners;
- Stewardship of collections and institutional resources, in the most appropriate format;
- Leadership, innovation and a willingness to embrace opportunities for change;
- Inclusivity, equality of opportunity and fulfilment of potential.
We ask libraries to endorse our mission and values when they apply to join LIBER.