Job Vacancy: Head of International Projects at LIBER (Now Closed)
LIBER is Europe’s largest research library network. We help our university, national, and special libraries to support world-class research.
Founded in 1971 and based in The Hague, LIBER is a partner in many European projects which address barriers on the path towards Open Science and other current topics dealt with by research libraries.
LIBER is looking for a Head of International Projects to manage the current project portfolio, maintain the current project network, and work on new project proposals.
LIBER is currently involved in a range of EU Horizon2020 and Erasmus+ projects addressing barriers to achieving Open Science. Potential job applicants will be familiar with these projects, have a relevant network, and would preferably be experienced in the issues addressed within these projects (issues specifically pertaining to Open Science, Research Infrastructures, and Scholarly Communications). The new Head of Projects will be responsible for maintaining the project network, promoting LIBER’s role in projects, acquiring new projects, and managing the work of running projects. Therefore, a proven track record in managing a diverse cluster of related projects simultaneously is a must.
The successful candidate feels at ease in an international environment, has a good eye for new project-related opportunities, and can bring coherence to complex project environments. Moreover, the tasks and duties of the Head of Projects will evolve along with the organisation.
Are you willing to play a central role in a dynamic international organisation and are you keen to develop, grow, and take on additional project-related challenges and responsibilities? If yes, then we invite you to apply.
Note: this is a full-time position with an immediate start.
As Head of International Projects, you will be responsible for:
- Being the first point of contact for EU projects and for new funding opportunities.
- Identifying points of interest relevant to new funding opportunities within the LIBER network.
- Proposing new EU- and other funded projects to the Executive Board, where relevant.
- Taking responsibility for LIBER contributions to the successful compilation of project bids.
- Coordination of the outputs of the projects in which LIBER is involved.
- The allocation and coordination of internal resources (human and financial) to undertake the duties listed in the projects.
- Overseeing the accurate reporting of Project Officers in terms of timesheets and other costs.
- Overseeing the quality of the outputs of the duties listed in the projects.
- Integration of the projects in which LIBER participates into the structure of LIBER’s Strategy.
- (Financial) reporting on the projects to the Executive Director, the Executive Board, project coordinators, and the European Commission and their appointed auditors (in terms of project costs, progress reports, etc.).
- Are familiar with the EU landscape (policy and H2020 and Horizon Europe funding) and are interested in current issues faced by research libraries (considering their future needs).
- Have at least 5 years of demonstrable project management skills and EU project experience.
- Have at least 5 years of experience in managing a portfolio of projects.
- Have very high interpersonal skills and can motivate and enthuse a team.
- Can lead with confidence and with a diplomatic approach.
- Have knowledge of financial reporting tools, such as Excel, Exact and PowerBI.
- Have demonstrable excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Have excellent knowledge of spoken and written English.
- Can prioritise a heavy workload and to meet targets.
- Have well-developed IT skills (including MS Office; knowledge of web content management systems and social media is beneficial).
- Are dynamic, flexible, and have a demonstrable record in innovation.
- Can work with minimum supervision.
We Offer You
- The chance to be part of a young and ambitious international team.
- Personal development and lots of variety in your work.
- A broad scope of responsibilities.
- Above average holidays (roughly 42 days / 338 hours of holiday per year for a full-time position).
- Salary – Scale 11 or 12. This implies a full-time equivalent of minimum of €3831 and a maximum gross of €5990 per month depending on experience and skills, plus a vacation allowance of 8%, and a December allowance of 8.33%.
- Benefits – An excellent pension scheme and a flexible and friendly working environment.
- Reports to the Executive Director.
- Location – LIBER Office, Koninklijke Bibliotheek, The Hague. This position requires residence in the Netherlands or the willingness and ableness to move there before the commencement of work.
- Hours of Work – 100%, full-time contract of 40 hours per week.
- Period of Appointment – A 12-months contract will be offered initially with a possible extension, depending on performance and funding.
Special Working Conditions
Occasional out-of-hours work is expected (including on some weekends i.e., in association with conferences, meetings, and other events). Due to Covid-19, we now partly work from home and temporarily organise most events online. We offer a flexible working environment in a small team.
Do you recognise yourself in this profile? For an informal discussion regarding the position please contact LIBER’s Executive Director, Astrid Verheusen (firstname.lastname@example.org). To apply, please submit a CV and covering letter outlining your eligibility and interest in this position to email@example.com using the phrase ‘Head of International Projects’ in the subject line.
The closing date for applications is Wednesday the 8th of September 2021. Please note that we will assess applications as they come in.
Please note that we are no longer accepting applications for this position.