Vacancy – Communication & Marketing Intern at LIBER
LIBER — Europe’s largest network of research libraries — has an exciting opportunity for an intern who is interested in non-profit communication as well as in topics relating to research/libraries/science/education, and who wants to be actively involved in engaging with our community.
Objectives and Timeframe
This internship is suitable for students based/registered in the Netherlands. The successful candidate will work with the LIBER team to help us reach the goals of our 2018-2022 Strategy.
Specifically, the intern will support the promotion of our Annual Conference (23-25 June), which will take place online again this year due to Covid-19.
The intern will also be engaged in a range of communication/marketing activities (social media, website support, mailing campaigns etc.) as well as general network outreach.
As a result, the person will extensively learn about communication/marketing in the public sector. Support from the Communication Manager and other communication/marketing employees will be given to the intern.
Period: We aim to have an intern for a minimum of 2.5 months – from the beginning of May to mid-July. There is potential to continue working for us as an intern after the summer holiday as well (depending on the applicant’s internship requirements). We are flexible about the overall duration of the internship. We also offer flexible working hours which suit your university/studying schedule and other commitments.
- Social Media: write and schedule posts for LIBER’s social media channels;
- Newsletters: help compile information for newsletters sent to LIBER’s network;
- Webinars: monitor session registration and increase promotion as necessary;
- Website: create, edit and publish content on LIBER websites. Fix website ‘bugs’ and improve/enrich previously published news articles/pages.
- Studying communication/marketing, or a demonstrated interest in communication/marketing within the public sector;
- Native or fluent English speaker (with excellent written skills in the English language);
- Able to work independently;
- Own computer and Internet connection to use during the internship. We can also provide a laptop to use for the duration of the internship if need be.
You will be guided by LIBER’s communication team, and by our Partnership & Events Manager. At the moment, due to Covid-19, we are a virtual team.
An internship agreement will be drawn up together with the intern. This internship offers compensation of 400 euros gross per month for interns enrolled in a higher-education degree programme. In terms of practical experience, interns will gain first-hand knowledge of several communication/marketing tools and have the opportunity to contribute to the development of the communications strategy for the Annual Conference.
How to Apply
To apply, please contact LIBER’s Communication Manager, Elizabeth Bethlehem (firstname.lastname@example.org) by Friday 30th of April 2021. Please send a complete CV, motivation letter, and 2-3 samples of your written work (in English).