Date(s) - 15/08/2017 - 17/08/2017
Due to the digital transformation the importance of digital scholarship is growing up rapidly for libraries and cultural heritage institutions like archives and museums worldwide. These institutions offer and share their collections with digital scholars or researchers, who need the mostly digitized materials for their work.
From this background research projects concerning the humanities or cultural studies focus more and more archives, libraries and museums. At the same time the availability of services is expected, which support the researchers projects beyond the delivery of digitized pictures and texts. Infrastructures and tools are needed for operating and processing the materials, which research is working on.
These and other themes will be presented and discussed on the IFLA satellite meeting “Digital Humanities – Opportunities and Risks. Connecting Libraries and Research”, which will take place from the 15th to the 17th August 2017 at the Humboldt University of Berlin (HU) and the Berlin-Brandenburg Academy of Science (BBAW).
For questions please contact: Prof. Dr. Andreas Degkwitz (Humboldt University of Berlin).
The IFLA Standing Committee “Academic and Research Libraries” (IFLA SC ARL) is the organizer of the satellite meeting together with:
- BBAW – The Berlin-Brandenburg Academy of Sciences and Humanities Berlin
- DARIAH – Digital Research Infrastructure for the Arts and Humanities in Europe
- DINI – Deutsche Initiative für Netzwerk-Information/German Initiative for Network Information
- LIBER – Ligue des Bibliothèques Européennes de Recherche – Association of European Research Libraries
- Library of the Humboldt-University Berlin.