The Programme is designed for 20-25 Library Directors who are already in leadership positions in their institutions and who are looking ahead at delivering strategic change as libraries and institutions redefine themselves in an ever changing information and social environment.
The event will be led and moderated by the Programme Chair, Prof. Dr. Norbert Lossau, former Director of Göttingen State and University Library, and now Vice-President of the University of Göttingen. Prof. Dr Lossau will be supported by Programme coordinator Dr. Andreas Brandtner, Director of Mainz University Library, and members of the LIBER Leadership and Workforce Development Working Group.
Key speakers will include:
- Alain Beretz, Director General for Research and Innovation in France
- Caroline Brazier, Chief Librarian, The British Library
- Wolfram Horstmann, Director of the Göttingen State and University Library
- Bruno Patino, Dean of the School of Journalism, Sciences Po, and Digital Services Director at France Télévision
- Peter Sidorko, University Librarian, The University of Hong Kong
- Benoit Thieulin, Dean of the School of Communication, Sciences Po
- Sarah E.Thomas, Vice President for the Harvard Library and University Librarian Roy E. Larsen Librarian for the Faculty of Arts and Science
- Marc van den Berg, Head sector R&D, CIO – Deputy general director at the National Library of the Netherlands