EUDAT Conference: Putting the EOSC Vision Into Practice
From the 22nd to the 25th of January 2018, the city of Porto (Portugal) will host the next EUDAT Conference entitled “Putting the EOSC vision into practice”.
Gathering community decision-makers and data managers, scientists & research communities, policy-makers, e-Infrastructure initiatives, research infrastructures and ESFRI projects, the EUDAT Conference will:
- Discuss the progress of the European Open Science Cloud (EOSC) and the European Data Infrastructure (EDI) and the role of infrastructures like EUDAT within these two initiatives.
- Showcase the latest trends in data infrastructure and data management solutions for research and report on the status and future plans for cross e-infrastructure collaboration, with an overview of the newly-funded H2020 initiatives;
- Analyse the impact of the forthcoming GDPR regulation on the EOSC landscape;
- Inform on the tangible opportunities offered by the newly-established EUDAT Collaborative Data Infrastructure (CDI) to the service providers and research communities and the principles for engagement of these actors in the EOSC;
- Demo the solutions developed by EUDAT to meet the data management needs of researchers and research communities, through real pilots and describe the EUDAT service roadmap;
- Discuss the role of user engagement and training in the EOSC
LIBER Europe is actively contributing with various communication and engagement activities, as well as by organising the co-located event: Research data management: interoperability, collaboration and the research library role, together with EUDAT and RDA Europe, aiming at uncovering intersections between the activities of three organizations supporting research data management practices from different perspectives. The workshop will take place on January 23rd, 2018, 09:00 – 13:00.
Check out the programme: www.eudat.eu/eudat-conference-2018/programme
Contribute to the conference by submitting your poster or demo! The deadline for submission has been extended until the 8th of December 2017. A poster pitch and a demo session will be held during the conference to give you the opportunity to showcase your work. Further information on the EUDAT Conference: https://eudat.eu/conference-2018
…Looking forward to meeting you in Porto!
Related news articles