Could You Be LIBER’s Next Executive Board Member?
Are you a passionate research librarian or library director who would like to take your career to the next level? Want to be part of a dynamic and active group, committed to furthering the work of research libraries across Europe? Do you have ideas for LIBER’s future direction?
If so, please consider joining our Executive Board – a fantastic way to make new connections and grow professionally.
At LIBER’s 2019 Annual Conference, we will appoint four new Executive Board members. Anyone working in a LIBER library is eligible, and we encourage everyone working in a LIBER institution to consider nominating themselves or a colleague.
What Is Expected?
As an Executive Board Member, we ask you to:
- Actively Participate in Meetings. The Board meets three times a year, and discusses issues regularly by email. Please attend our meetings and share your expertise. Be ready to debate, compromise and work as a team for the best result.
- Steer LIBER’s Strategy. Use experiences from your library to help set prorities which help all LIBER libraries with their needs.
- Enthusiastically Promote LIBER’s Work and Mission. Share our campaigns and activities with your network.
- Share Opportunities for Collaboration. Suggest projects and strategic partnerships.
- Provide Financial Oversight. Help review the budget and financial reports.
- Participate in the Annual Conference. Chair a session or give a presentation.
- Declare Conflicts of Interest. Please tell the President if you think you have a conflict of interest.
The deadline for nominations is 13 June 2019. More information on joining the Board can be found here. See also:
Related news articles