Job Opening: Community Engagement & Communications Officer
LIBER is Europe’s largest research library network. We help our university, national and special libraries to support world-class research.
Founded in 1971 and based in The Hague, LIBER is a partner in many European projects which address barriers on the path towards Open Science.
For a replacement during maternity leave, LIBER is seeking a Community Engagement & Communications Officer to organise European project-related events and activities, to work on other project-related tasks and to support overall LIBER communications.
Are you outgoing, creative and versatile? Interested in issues relating to research libraries such as Open Science, research infrastructures and Open Access. Can you translate technical themes to the greater public? Then we invite you to apply. This full-time position starts 1 June 2020.
As Community Engagement & Communications Officer you will be responsible for activities related to European Projects and general LIBER communications.
- Actively participating in the development of strategies to foster communities & build expertise;
- Building up networks of stakeholders;
- Coordinating stakeholder engagement activities: events, trainings and workshops;
- Contributing to written reports and deliverables;
- Participating in project meetings;
- Promoting projects to relevant stakeholders and via appropriate channels.
- Managing and developing LIBER’s social media presence;
- Editing and formatting documents;
- Adding content to the website and ensuring key pages are kept updated;
- Assembling and sending network newsletters via MailChimp.
- At least 3 years of work experience and a degree in a relevant area (e.g., Communication, Librarianship, Information Management);
- EU-funded project experience;
- Familiarity with topics such as Open Science, the European Open Science Cloud, Social Sciences and Humanities, Citizen Science;
- Affinity with LIBER’s vision and mission, and the needs of research libraries;
- Excellent spoken and written English;
- Ability to work independently as well as with a team, to communicate effectively and manage relationships across a large and diverse network;
- Adept at translating complex issues for different audiences;
- Comfortable managing several websites and social media channels;
- Technically savvy, with an eye for engaging content;
- Demonstrable skills in project and event management;
- Ability to prioritise and meet targets;
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (particularly InDesign), WordPress and MailChimp;
- Experience creating materials such as posters, videos and presentations.
We Offer You
- The chance to be part of a young and ambitious international team;
- Personal development and lots of variety in your work;
- A broad scope of responsibilities.
- Salary -Scale 9. This implies a full-time equivalent of minimum €2939 to maximum gross €4052 per month depending on experience, plus a vacation allowance of 8%, and a December allowance of 8.33%;
- Benefits – An excellent pension scheme and a flexible and friendly working environment;
- Reports to – the Executive Director;
- Location – LIBER Office, Koninklijke Bibliotheek, The Hague;
- Hours of Work – 100%, 40 hours per week;
- Period of Appointment – A 7-month contract will be offered initially. An extension is possible, depending on performance and funding.
Special Working Conditions
Occasional out-of-hours working, including weekends, is expected in association with conferences, meetings and other events.
Do you recognise yourself in this profile? For an informal discussion regarding the position please contact LIBER Executive Director, Astrid Verheusen. To apply, please submit a CV and covering letter outlining your eligibility for and interest in this position to the LIBER Office using ‘Community Engagement & Communications Officer’ in the subject line.
The closing date for applications is Friday 8 May 2020.
Related news articles