Job Opening: Community Engagement & Communications Officer
LIBER is Europe’s largest research library network. We help our university, national and special libraries to support world-class research.
Founded in 1971 and based in The Hague, LIBER is involved in a range of European projects addressing the barriers on the path towards Open Science.
LIBER is seeking a Community Engagement & Communications Officer to take responsibility for the organisation of European project related events and activities, to work on other project relate tasks and to provide support overall LIBER communications in collaboration with LIBER’s Communications Officer.
Are you enthusiastic and interested in issues relating to research libraries such as open science, research infrastructures and open access and experienced in translating technical themes to the greater public? Then we invite you to apply. This is a full-time position, starting immediately.
As Community Engagement & Communications Officer you will be responsible for activities related to EU Projects and general LIBER communications:
EU Project Responsibilities:
- Actively participating in the development of strategies to foster communities & build expertise
- Building up networks of stakeholders
- Coordinating stakeholder engagement activities: events, trainings and workshops
- Contributing to written reports and deliverables
- Participating in project meetings
- Promoting the projects to appropriate stakeholders and via appropriate channels
- Managing and developing LIBER’s social media presence and website
- Finding creative and effective ways to tell the story of LIBER, including guiding the communication of activities carried out by our broad network of volunteers
- Measuring the impact of our communications efforts
- At least 3 years of work experience and a degree in a relevant area (e.g. Communication,
Librarianship, Information Management, etc)
- Outgoing, creative and versatile
- Affinity with LIBER’s vision and mission, and the needs of research libraries
- Able to work independently, build communities and manage relationships across a large and diverse network
- Adept at translating complex issues for different audiences
- Comfortable managing multiple websites and social media channels
- Technically savvy, with an eye for engaging content
- Skilled at creating materials such as presentations, illustrations and videos
- Demonstrable skills in project and event management, and working with a team
- Able to prioritise a heavy workload and to meet targets
- Excellent spoken and written English
Preferably You Also
- Have knowledge of working within EU Projects and within an international environment
- Are familiar with the open science landscape and the FAIR principles
- Have experience with Photoshop, InDesign and video editing programs
- Are familiar with the domain of Social Sciences and Humanities
- The chance to be part of a young and ambitious international team
- Personal development and lots of variety in your work
- A broad scope of responsibilities
- Salary -Scale 9. This implies a full-time equivalent of minimum €2865 to maximum gross €3949 per month depending on experience, plus a vacation allowance of 8%, and a December allowance of 8.33%.
- Benefits – An excellent pension scheme and a flexible and friendly working environment.
- Reports to – the Executive Director.
- Location – LIBER Office, Koninklijke Bibliotheek, The Hague.
- Hours of Work – 100%, 40 hours per week.
- Period of Appointment – A 1-year contract will be offered initially. An extension will be possible, depending on performance.
Special Working Conditions
Occasional out-of-hours working, including weekends, is expected. This is in association with conferences, meetings and other events.
Do you recognise yourself in this profile? For an informal discussion regarding the position please contact LIBER Executive Director, Astrid Verheusen. To apply, please submit a CV and covering letter outlining your eligibility for and interest in this position to email@example.com ‘Community Engagement & Communications Officer’ in the subject line.
The closing date for applications is Tuesday, 29 January 2019.
Related news articles