Job Opening: Events and Partnership Coordinator (Now Closed)
LIBER is Europe’s largest research library network. We help our university, national, and special libraries to support world-class research.
Founded in 1971 and based in The Hague, LIBER is a partner in many European projects which address barriers on the path toward Open Science.
LIBER is looking for an experienced Events & Partnership Coordinator who can take the lead in organising LIBER’s Annual Conference, the Winter event and other online and in-person events. The successful candidate will also spearhead workshops and meetings for both LIBER participants and our portfolio of funded European projects and will help develop and implement our sponsor- and partnership strategy.
Are you outgoing and confident in all aspects of event management – from high-level budgeting and strategic planning through to on-the-ground execution? Can you build relationships with sponsors, hosts, speakers, and other key players? Do you have experience organising interactive physical and online events? If so, we invite you to apply. This is a full-time position, starting immediately.
Event Planning & Execution
- Take charge of all aspects related to the organisation of high-quality, dynamic events which match LIBER’s strategy and services, in collaboration with co-hosts, programme committees, sponsors and team members.
- Be a key player in the development of programmes which offer educational, enlightening, and interactive experiences to LIBER’s network.
- Act as a floor manager during events, ensuring the smooth execution of all logistical and technical considerations.
- Provide attendees with a first-class experience, from the announcement of a new event through to post-event feedback.
- Build, maintain and manage relationships with current and prospective sponsors, as well as with other key contributors (e.g., with speakers, local hosts, and project partners).
- Lead in the creation of content which promotes and communicates key aspects of each event (e.g., call for papers, the opening of registration) and ensure the quality of material produced by local hosts by proofreading and feeding back on drafts of materials such as programmes and registration forms in collaboration with the Communication Manager.
- Deal with inbound communications and customer enquiries related to events.
Assessment & Reporting
- Maintain records of session participants (in accordance with GDPR) and materials used.
- Measure and report on events effectiveness through surveys, evaluation forms, KPIs, narrative reports, project deliverables and other methods.
- Share key outcomes with LIBER’s communications staff so that achievements can be included in network publications such as the Annual Report and strategic updates;
- Report on all activities to the Executive Director.
- 3+ years of experience in the organizing, planning and execution of events (ideally both physical and online events such as webinars), and in the management of sponsors and partners.
- Experience with online event platforms and tools.
- Knowledge of the needs and interests of research libraries or a willingness to learn.
- A belief in inclusion, collaboration and helping communities to self-organize to achieve their goals.
- Excellent research, organizational and people skills.
- Team player who is fun to work with, able to turn obstacles into opportunities, and serious about delivering high-quality events on a budget.
- Demonstrable skills in project and event management.
- Excellent English speaker.
Preferably You Also Have Knowledge Of
- Subjects in the field of research libraries.
- Another European language.
- The chance to be part of a young and ambitious international team.
- Personal development and lots of variety in your work.
- A broad scope of responsibilities.
- Above-average holidays (roughly 42 days / 338 hours of holiday per year for a full-time position).
- Salary – Scale 9. This implies a full-time equivalent of a minimum of €2980 to a maximum gross of €4109 per month depending on experience, plus a vacation allowance of 8%, and a December allowance of 8.33%.
- Benefits – An excellent pension scheme and a flexible and friendly working environment.
- Reports to – the Executive Director.
- Location – LIBER Office, Koninklijke Bibliotheek, The Hague. This position requires residence in the Netherlands or the willingness and ableness to move there before the commencement of work.
- Hours of Work – 100%, full-time contract of 40 hours per week.
- Period of Appointment – A 12-months contract will be offered initially with a possible extension, depending on performance and funding.
Special Working Conditions
Occasional out-of-hours working, including weekends, as well as regular travelling, is expected. This is in association with conferences, meetings and other events. Since we work in a small team, we expect flexibility in the work.
Do you recognise yourself in this profile? For an informal discussion regarding the position please contact LIBER Executive Director, Astrid Verheusen (email@example.com, +31 6 54607199). To apply, please submit a CV and covering letter outlining your eligibility for and interest in this position to firstname.lastname@example.org using ‘Events & Partnership Manager’ in the subject line.
The closing date for applications is 8 July 2022.
Please note that we are no longer accepting applications for this position.