Job Opening – Executive Director of LIBER
LIBER is Europe’s largest research library network. We help our university, national, and special libraries to support world-class research. Founded in 1971 and based in The Hague, LIBER is a partner in many European projects that address barriers on the path towards Open Science. LIBER is seeking an Executive Director to coordinate and implement our strategic actions, manage the LIBER Office, and advocate for our research library members at the European level.
As the Executive Director of LIBER, you will be responsible for:
- Coordinating and implementing LIBER’s Strategy.
- Management of the LIBER Office, including finances and supervision of the LIBER Office staff (8 direct reports).
- Contacts between LIBER and the European Commission, stakeholders and LIBER’s strategic partners.
- LIBER’s advocacy and policy campaigns at the European level.
- Development of the LIBER Network of Participants.
- Programming and (co-) organizing LIBER events.
- Development of sponsorships
The Executive Director will report directly to the President of LIBER and will work closely with the LIBER Executive Board.
- A master degree or equivalent qualification
- A thorough knowledge of current developments in the European research library field, including Open Science
- Demonstrable staff management skills and budget responsibility
- Demonstrable interpersonal and networking skills
- Experience with different types of governance, including working with a Board
- Excellent knowledge of spoken and written English, knowledge of Dutch is desirable
- Project management experience (desirable)
Please note: This position requires a valid EU work permit. In addition, a residential address in the Netherlands is required. We work partly from the office and partly from home. Occasional out-of-hours work is expected (including on some weekends i.e., in association with conferences, meetings and other events). We offer a flexible working environment in a small team.
We Offer You
- Working at the forefront of the landscape of research libraries.
- A broad scope of responsibilities, and a flexible and friendly working environment;
- You will be part of a young and ambitious international team with a passion for research libraries.
- Salary scale 13, between €5,657 and €6,890, based on the Collective Labour Agreement WVOI (CAO-OI). Scale adjustable, depending on seniority, qualifications, and expertise.
- Excellent secondary benefits: an excellent pension scheme, an allowance for travel and mobile expenses, a holiday allowance (8%), 42 holidays, and a year-end bonus (8,33%).
- An informal and creative working environment.
- A 12-month contract will be offered initially with a possible extension, depending on performance and funding.
Do you recognise yourself in this profile? For an informal discussion regarding the position please contact Julien Roche, President of LIBER at email@example.com. To apply, please submit a CV and cover letter outlining your eligibility and interest in this position to Anja Smit, Secretary General of LIBER, at firstname.lastname@example.org using the phrase ‘Executive Director’ in the subject line.
The closing date for applications is 17 April 2023.